September 26, 2007

I can't think of a creative title...


Hola Amigos! This is Tina, this time. I took on the task of writing a blog update, and then realized that I am overwhelmed at the thought of describing our past week because so much has happened that I haven't had time to really process it all! But I'm jumpin in, so here goes...

We have been so blessed spending this past week with the family of Nueva Vida (New Life) Church. We have learned a lot through them about what it really means to love others, as they have shown us so much love continually.
Attending their worship services (we attended 3 on Sunday alone) is such an incredible experience. The Spirit of God is alive in this small church building in a powerful way! It was a blessing to see entire families crying out to God together, and even the littlest children raising their hands and jumping around with praise! We may not speak the same language as them, but we worship the same God, and I feel like worshipping with them in our own languages gave us a little taste of what heaven is going to be like.

Cole preached the sermon at Saturday night's service, and he did an incredible job! He spoke about the importance of
unity in the body of Christ, and he did it very well. I was so proud of him! There were about 100 people there, and Cole had our new friend Diego work as his translator. Diego and his family lived in Miami for 6 years, and so they all speak English rather well. He has 4 children, three of whom acted as shadows for us throughout this week. They even skipped school to come spend days with us and translate as we went about our day! It was so fun to meet them all. Pictured here are the four children: Fernando, Augustina, Elias, and Yamila. (I am in the back, because I secretly want to be a member of their family!)
:0)

We have grown to love many aspects of the Argentine culture, mostly the kiss on the cheek. Here, you do not enter or leave a place without first kissing everyone on the cheek! We have been kissed by every member of the church (which probably equals 1000 people!) We are thinking we might like to start that tradition when we return to Colorado... how do you think it will be received?

We are leaving for Buenos Aires, the capital city, to explore the city for a few days with some friends and then to attend the Harvest Evangelism conference. We may not have time to post more blogs for a while, because we will be busy with the conference and then we leave for Italy! We will be celebrating Cole's birthday in Rome... everybody leave him birthday messages on October 8th! :0)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hola!

Sounds like a wonderful time full of warmth, laughter and love!

We miss you two!

Cole - Happy Pre Birthday! May you have lots of laughter and joy!

Wish we could have heard you preach - we know you did awesome!

Al and Jan

Lindsey said...

Yay Tina and Cole!!! I'm glad you guys are doing well and enjoying your time. I'm sure everyone you meet absolutely loves you and is so thankful for your presence! Miss you both!

Love,
Lindsey (and Scott)

Mike Wright said...

You two amaze me. I love hearing the stories, I love seeing your smiling faces in the pictures, I love that you're seeing the body of Christ in such a real way. Thanks for sharing a bit of heaven with us.

Have I mentioned that I miss you? If not: holey (as in, filled with holes) buckets, do I ever miss you! HOLEY BUCKETS.

Buckets that have holes miss water. I miss you like that.

I'll stop.

Go with God.
mike

Iglesia Nueva Vida - Bernal - U.A.D. said...

Hey guys!!! you both are very welcome to our family!!!! we are very pleased with your visit to our country, our church and our house, we pray to our God for You guys come back soon.

We love you and want new stories!!!

Yamila, Elias, Agustina, Fernando, Viviana and Diego.