Today Cole and I set out on our own to explore the city. As we walked the busy streets, people kept trying to stop us to sell us things or ask for money. As we were stopped at a crosswalk, a man would not stop talking to Cole (in Spanish and a little English) trying to get him to buy a jacket. Cole was getting frustrated and so thought he would try to outsmart him by responding in French. He said the only thing he knows how to say in French: " I am French". To his surprise, the man was all excited and began talking right back in French! I wish everyone could have seen the look of panic on Cole's face as he had no clue how to respond! Oh, my funny funny husband!
September 27, 2007
a favorite picture and a funny story
Today Cole and I set out on our own to explore the city. As we walked the busy streets, people kept trying to stop us to sell us things or ask for money. As we were stopped at a crosswalk, a man would not stop talking to Cole (in Spanish and a little English) trying to get him to buy a jacket. Cole was getting frustrated and so thought he would try to outsmart him by responding in French. He said the only thing he knows how to say in French: " I am French". To his surprise, the man was all excited and began talking right back in French! I wish everyone could have seen the look of panic on Cole's face as he had no clue how to respond! Oh, my funny funny husband!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
HAHA...That's awesome. Nice try Cole! :)
Quick on your feet Cole, next time just try to be a little more obscure...maybe Sweedish/Dutch/an African tribal language perhaps???
Cole, porquoi vous ne parle pas Francais bien? Sasses terrible! Mais ma Francais est terrible aussi -- c'est la vie. N'est pas?
XXXOOO
OOps est "sassez" --pardon
Hi guys. It sounds like you are having a great time. I always find it amazing how some people can speak so many languages so fluently, yet so many people from America can barely speak their own language correctly. I give Cole a lot of credit, very clever move. I love checking out these postings, we are keeping you in our prayers!
Love, Danielle
Post a Comment